SOS: Post-Pool Savior for Chlorine-Wrecked Hair
Summer is here and plenty of time at and in the pool is a certainty. But what happens when that quick dip results in a chlorine hangover that leaves hair dry and damaged? Sorrow, that's what.
Instead of sulking in swimmer's remorse, save your strands with a little post-water miracle solution — a hydrating concoction made of easy-to-access kitchen staples.
Dive into our simple instructions below and we promise your blowout will be as pretty pre-backstroke session as it is post.
What you need:
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tablespoons of EVOO or coconut oil
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 2 Tablespoons of mayo
- Combine ingredients in medium-sized mixing bowl
- With hands or haircolor brush, apply mixture to hair from roots to tip
- Use a wide-tooth comb to ensure it's distributed throughout
- Let sit for 15-20 minutes
- Rinse hair in shower and follow with sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner